- He was born in 1915
- He is a playwright
- He was married 3 times
- He debuted in broadway in 1944, with The Man Who Had All The Luck
- He won a Tony award in 1947 with All My Sons
- He released Death Of A Salesman in 1949
- With this last hit came a lot of prizes, the Pulitzer, a Tony, and more
- He was married to Marilyn Monroe
- Marilyn Monroe raised him to the Hollywood stardom
- He died in 2005
- How would you define a responsible person?
Someone who doesn’t fail in doing what they are supposed to do in certain situations and has good criteria.
- Are you a responsible person? Why or why not? Give examples of people you know in your personal life or in the public domain who are responsible. How do these individuals support your definition?
Yes, I would consider I’m responsible but not that much. I believe I comply with the common criteria but I tend to forget to do things such as homework for example. I think my parents are very responsible. They don’t miss work often, they take good care of us, etc.
- How does one learn to become a responsible person?
Who are the “teachers” and where do we find them in our lives?
I think we learn to be responsible for others. Teachers are those who, basically teach us. But this doesn’t mean they have to teach us school subjects for example. Anything from life lessons to math is learning that teachers can transmit. We can find them very easily, not only in school but if we pay attention we can see teachers in even advice from our friends and family.
- Is being responsible for a character trait that you value a lot?
Why or why not?
I don’t really have a strong opinion on it. But I think if I were to be with someone I’d get tired of them really easily if they are irresponsible. I many times feel as if people who are irresponsible don’t care about others, which is not nice.
- The Golden Rule is “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” What does this statement mean? Can you think of a situation in your own life in which you used this statement as the guiding principle for the action that you took? If “yes,” explain.
It means that you should treat others as you’d like to be treated yourself. I can’t think of a concrete example, but usually, when someone asks me for a favor I give it to them because I know I’d appreciate them a lot if they were to do that for me.